Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Inspiration Monday- Canvas

This really isn't inspiration Monday but Inspiration Tuesday but either way I am excited to share a simple, inexpensive, fabulous little project with you. I made this canvas for my friend Laurie who celebrated her birthday last Friday and decided it would be the perfect little inspiration kick. To get started you really only need a photo, a canvas and what ever fun goodies you have in your collection. I'll give you the details below for this one...



Supplies
canvas ($1 from Dollarama)
white paint
glimmer mist (I used Coffee Shop)
glimmer screen (same idea as a mask)
brown ink
gem swirl or gems
ribbon
flowers, I put pearls as the centers of the flowers
word or label (family is a label)
ornate plate (frame)
scrap paper
picture mounted onto card stock
fabri-tac or other strong liquid adhesive
glue gun
How To
1-paint canvas with white paint, let dry
2-place glimmer screen into desired position
3-cover canvas with glimmer mist, let dry
4-ink edges of canvas, just like you're inking paper
5-add photo
6-add gem swirl
7- add ribbon in accordion fashion, adhere each fold with liquid glue. I place my stapler over the ribbon to hold it in place while it dries
8-add flowers
9-add paper to back of frame, add label
10-add frame to canvas over ribbon with your hot glue gun. These frames are heavy and I did not want it falling off!
There you have it friends- you're all done!
You can always make substitutions, pretty much anything goes. For example if I didn't have glimmer screens and mist then I would just paint the canvas a color other than white. I also used embellishments out of my stash rather than going out to buy something specifically for this project. Use up your goodies, they may not be brand new to you but they are to anyone else. Have fun creating!
{xo} Nadine

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty gift Nadine! I love the ornate plate frame...

    ReplyDelete